5K Perks include:
- FREE Bib Personalization: Enter your name or inspirational message when you register, up to 8 characters (available until June 1st)
- Collectible Mammoth-themed 5K Finisher’s Medal
- Official Mammoth 5K Premium Tee Shirt (Unisex & Youth sizes available)
- Official Mammoth Mammoth “Half Marathon & 5K” Gear Bag
- Note to groups/families with both 5K & Half Marathon participants: There are 2 hotels – the Sierra Nevada Lodge & the Mammoth Creek Inn – that are walking distance to the 5K Start & the shared Finish Line on Old Mammoth Road. (FREE shuttles will be provided from all partner hotels & from downtown Mammoth to both start lines. For a complete list of all partner hotels, please visit Travel & Hotels.)
- Sport, Health & Fitness Expo featuring race packet pick-up for all participants. Your race packet will include your bib, shirt and gear bag.
$45 - introductory price, available through 5.02.15
$49 - beginning 5.02.15, until online registration ends on 6.13.15
$55 – at expo on 6.20.15, if not sold out
Capacity: The 5K is limited to 250 participants.
Saturday June 20, 2015 – Expo Day
Plan your packet pickup anytime during our Sport, Health & Fitness Expo at the beautiful Village Lodge. The Expo is FREE & open to the public.
Sunday, June 21, 2015 – Race Day!
7:00am: Arrive early to gear check your bag, stretch those muscles, and start the race with good vibes!
7:30am: 5K Start (Wave 1, subsequent waves to follow, less than 1 min apart) on Meadow Lane, near the corner of Meadow Creek Rd and Old Mammoth Rd
7:30am – 12:00pm: Finish into the Celebrate Mammoth Block Party! – Invite your friends and family, the block party is FREE & open to the public.
The 5K has been designed to carry runners over a scenic course through downtown Mammoth Lakes!
5K Course Highlights
- Scenic 3.1-mile course
- Finish through downtown Mammoth Lakes, complete with a Celebrate Mammoth Lakes Block Party
- Aid station support at Mile 1.7 & Finish Line
- Physicians, nurses, plus additional roving medical & safety personnel
- The 5K Course is USATF Certified and Sanctioned. The course was measured by an IAAF/AIMS Level A measurer. Certification code: CA14075RS
To ensure a great experience for every runner, we will be utilizing a wave start. This means that runners will be grouped according to their individually predicted finish time. Each wave starts separately, one after the other, with short intervals in between. Wave starts allow for plenty of space along the course, without affecting your ‘chip’ time (or, the elapsed time to go from start line to finish line). When you register for the 5K, please be prepared to estimate your expected finish time so you can start in the correct wave.
Keep hydrated and refreshed! A fully staffed and equipped water & support station will be positioned along the course at Mile 1.7 & at the Finish.
The Medical Team is a dedicated group of medical professionals and first responders who are ready to assess any race day medical needs and provide first aid, if necessary.
- Medical Support will be at the Start and at the Finish Line.
All registrations must be completed online. The 5K accepts multiple runner registrations in a single transaction. However, each runner must be present during the registration process to acknowledge and sign the electronic rules and waiver.
Your 5K race packet will include your race number, timing chip, safety pins, premium tee shirt and any final instructions for race day. We will be implementing the latest timing chip technology, or “B-tag”, that will be pre-attached to your race number (bib). Please do not remove or fold the timing chip.
5K Race packets must be picked up in person at the Sport, Health & Fitness Expo on Saturday, June 20, 2015. Be prepared to show your photo ID to claim your race packet. Race numbers are non-transferable* and irreplaceable if lost, and entry fees are nonrefundable* (see below for only exceptions).
If you cannot pick up your race packet, you may have a friend or family member pick it up for you (they will need to present a copy of your photo ID). You will need to fill out the waiver ahead of time and have your friend/family member bring it with them when they pick up your packet.
B-Tag Note and Instructions: B-tag timing chips are disposable, embedded in your bib, and do not need to be returned after the race. “B-tags” will not need to be separated from your race number for any reason. Your timing chip is activated once you cross the starting line.
All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable with the following exceptions only:
Active duty military members who are unable to participate because they are unexpectedly deployed may choose to either defer their entry to the following year’s race or receive a refund. Email your request with a copy of your orders to email@example.com.
The 5K has a time limit of 1 hour (average pace of 19:00 minutes per mile). For your convenience, transport vehicles will be used to get you to the event finish in the event you are not able to complete the race as planned, or you can complete the course on sidewalks as a pedestrian.
New Runners’ Etiquette tip: Always be prepared to move to the right hand side of the course to allow other participants to pass, if needed.
Every 5K participant will receive a Premium Tee Shirt. Shirts can be picked up at the Sport, Health & Fitness Expo along with your race packet.
FREE Bib Personalization:
To include your name or inspirational message pre-printed on your bib, be sure to specify what you would like to print, up to 8 characters in length (see personalization sample below from our inaugural San Diego race). Please note: this option is only available until June 1st.
Bag / Gear Check:
Gear bag check is an easy way for us to store items for you (like extra clothing) while you are out on the course. Your race packet, available at our expo, will contain everything you need! To check your gear, place your items in the gear bag and use the enclosed zip tie to attach the gear check label to your bag. Please do not use gear check for valuables such as your car keys, cell phone, or jewelry, as we cannot be responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items. Plan to drop-off your gear at the start line and pick-up near the finish line.
Every Mammoth 5K participant will receive a finisher’s medal after completing the race, regardless of finish time.
At 9:30am on race morning, 5K race results will be posted near the Finish Line. If you are an Overall or Age group winner, “Congratulations!”; please pick-up your award in the VIP area at Rafters Restaurant. 5K Overall & Age Group Awards will include:
- Top 3 Overall, Male & Female Winners
- Top 3 Masters (age 40 & above) Overall, Male & Female Winners
- Age Group Winners – Top 3 Male & Female Winners in the following age groups:
13 & Under, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80+.
*Please note that all age group awards will be based on net chip time and all overall awards will be based on gun time.
Driving and Parking
Check our Travel & Hotels page for more details.