Schedule of Events
The Mammoth Half Marathon & 5K will be held, regardless of rain or shine. Mammoth’s average temperature in June is 73°F(23°C)/61°F(18°C). When you arrive in Mammoth, be sure to read the High Altitude Tips presented by Mammoth Hospital.
Saturday, June 22: 1:00pm – 6:00pm, PACKET PICKUP at the Mammoth Mountain Center, 60 Canyon Blvd, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546. Be sure to download the Safety Tips and Race Day Checklist so you don’t forget anything – tomorrow is the big day!
Sunday, June 23, RACE DAY:
- 6:00am-7:00am Shuttles depart from all partner hotels and MHS High School parking lot. Please note that the only way to the start line is via our shuttles (sorry, no other vehicles will be allowed). For details, please visit: Race Day Shuttles
- 6:00am – 7:15am, Gear Check is available near the start and is an easy way to store your extra layers of clothing while you are out on the course. Be sure to detach the gear check label from your bib and zip tie it to your cinch bag. Please do not store valuables in your bag, as we cannot be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- 7:30am, Race Start (both the half marathon and 5K are wave starts)
5k Waves – Wave 1: 30 mins or less, Wave 2: >30mins
Half Marathon Waves – Wave 1: 1:50&less, Wave 2: 1:55-2:10, Wave 3: 2:15-2:30, Wave 4: 2:30&up
- 7:30am-11:30am, Water will be served at the following aid stations: Mile 2.0, 4.1, 6.1, 7.9, 10, and 11.7. Ultima Replenisher (raspberry flavored electrolyte drink) will be served at Miles: 4.1, 6.1, and 10 and will precede the serving of water. Muir Energy Gels (Red Raspberry, Passionfruit Pineapple Banana, Blueberry Bergamot, Blackberry Thyme, Cacao Almond, Cashew Lemon, Cashew Vanilla Mate & Sunflower) will be distributed at Mile 7.9. Portable restrooms will be located at Miles: 2.0, 4.1, 6.1, 7.9, 10 and 11.7. Medical Tents are located at Miles 2.0, 6.1, 10.0 and the finish line.
- 7:30am – 1:00pm, Block Party on Old Mammoth Road.
- 9:30am-12:30pm, Shuttles return participants from finish line to all partner hotels
- 11:00am-12:30pm, If you receive our text that you are an overall or age group winner, “Congratulations!” – meet us at Rafters Restaurant in the finish area to pick up your well-deserved award!
Return to Final Instructions